Concept of Faith
1. Encounter: the Trial -Test, Temptation
3. Anguish - Paradox, The absurd
Why is Abraham Great?
1. He loved God and loved him absolutely
2. Abraham: Faith was for this world.
3. He was willing to sacrifice Isaac( his best).
4. Adventure into the infinite - anguish.
5. He upheld God's moral laws.
6. He lived his life and the word from the infinite.
- He trusted the finite as infinite.
- He was content - No complaint.
- He lives as a stranger in the world.
- resists rational understanding
- Different from the improbable.
- And yet the believable even though impossible and even absurd.
Absurd is impossible.
Faith is not blind - Power of the human mind.