Central to Existentialism - Unanino
- The individual: Thought and Action
- We think in order to live: but it is better to say "because we live" if the form of out
thoughts conform to the form of our life.
Our ethical and philosophical doctrines go as a posterieri justification of our conduct: action. We
frequently need to explain why we do what we do. So we manufacture a motive: A theory of
- Do we choose the philosophy, ideology, and ethical system which suit our way of life?
- Locke , Rouseau, Mill, Hegel, Nietzsche, Plato, Aristotle , Post Modernism.
- Marx - The material condition of life determine consciousness, not the other way around
So what is the role of philosophy in human civilization? Do ideas change our life? Is an idea
- What if I toggle my life according to an ideology? A religion? A Philosophy? - The result -
- The individual: immortality:
- Continual persistence of consciousness.
- Is it the greatest desire of the human heart?
- The new moral imperative:
Act so that in your action and the action of every other, you may be irreplaceable, act so that you
do not deserve death!
Rousseau, now is perishable. But let us resist this. If it is a fact, let us view it as unjust.
- Belief in the immortality of the soul in the formulating of mortality- How?
- Is the value of individuality a supreme value?
- Are more values binding absolutely?
- Is happiness a final legitimate goal?
Listen to the heart. What does it really want?
Primacy of existence.
Have a desire through rationalization.
Philosopher can not overstep the culture into which he was born.