Unanuno - Cont. Immortality of the soul - The individual
- Permanent persistence of the individual consciousness . Death lessens.
Moral Proof - "act so that in your judgement and the judgement of others you may deserve
eternal life: Also you may be irreplaceable. Act so you do not desire to die.
- Purpose of immortality To give a final purpose to the world and to desire the purpose in
- Rousseau. Man is perishable, but let us resist perishing and if it is unescapable, let us not
make it just. Death is an unjust reward.
- Belief in the immorality of the soul is the basis for mortality- or the other way around.
Question - Why defend the individual. Why consider individuallity super values, if the individual
- Belief in the immortality of the soul does not depend on believing in the truth, or Jesus, or
the last judgement.
It depends on the actual existence of (eternal) happiness: Morality
- What does the human heart want? Happiness: