*AIM. The alternate [goal} of philosophy is to understand the world.
- World, Nature,
Human Being - What is it? Author of discussion,
- Next to understand is to "explore" and explain means to know or discover the causes which make an event as a thing possible [real]. In the end to bring the event under a rule [law}.
- Knowing the causes makes the fact [to be understood] intelligible Ex headache.
*Assumption. The world is
- The world is intelligible
- The things and events which comprise it are not accident. Everything that happens has a cause (causes).
- No gaps or lose ends.
*Philosophical Quest. It is a persistent climb toward a vision of the whole.
- Common Sense
Scientific knowledge is a more sophisticated kind of knowledge than common since.
If it is tested is more accurate. It is organized.
No such thing as "science" only sciences.
- Each studies one aspect of the world.
- Who seeks an understanding of the world?
Next. Philosophy comes before and after science. How?
1. Analysis. Scientific concepts and assumptions.
space, good, truth, theory, laws, cause,
who mediates between
science and common sense
Is time an object?
V0ision - questions to end or goal.
How do you know if beliefs are true?
Fruit of conjecture. Human beings make things.
Why do we exist. Mind feelings.
Political social value.
How did septer come about?
Experience vs understand.
Rain is a fact.
Man invents God to explain
Fact and consequence.
Human mind grasps
Ideas can be forgotten, not understanding.
World contains objects - Interconnected
Collect infornation (on paper)
Common sence is not tested.
| | World
|science | Relationship between
| __ | sciences
Only one nature
What is human being?
Body life - Mind, knowledge
Moral values = science cannot provide all the answers.