My research interests include the epidemiology of cancer, time series forecasting, quantile regression and functional data analysis. The skewed and non-normal data are increasingly more frequent than ever before. The data in the extreme ends are of their own importance. Hence the importance of quantile regression. The availability of the information is increasingly functional. My current work is gearing towards functional data analysis techniques such as principal differential analysis which can estimate a system of differential equations to reveal the dynamics of real data.
- Keshav P. Pokhrel, Chris P. Tsokos, "Forecasting Age-Specific Brain cancer Mortality rates using Functional Data Analysis Models ", Advances in Epidemiology, vol. 2015(2015), doi:10.1155/2015/721592.
- Dimitrios Vovoras, Keshav Pokhrel, Chris P. Tsokos, "Epidemiology of Tumors of the Brain and Central Nervous System: Review of Incidence and Patterns among Histological Subtypes" Open Journal of Epidemiology, Vol.4 No. 4, November 2014, PP. 224-234.
- Dimitrios Vovoras, Keshav Pokhrel, Chris P. Tsokos, "Regional Trends in Incidence of Brain & Central Nervous System Tumors for Young Adults in the US and their Differences by Demographic Characteristics" Journal of Pediatric Oncology, 1(2013), no.2, 72-82.
- Keshav Pokhrel, Dimitris Vovoras, Chris P. Tsokos, "Histological and Demographic Characteristics of the Distribution of Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors' Sizes: Results from SEER Registries Using Statistical Methods" International Journal of Biomedical Sciences, 7(2012), 8(3);152-162.
- Keshav Pokhrel, Chris P. Tsokos, "Forecasting Age-Specific Brain Cancer Mortality:Functional Data Approach", Proceedings of Dynamic Systems and Applications 6(2012) 341-345.
- Dimitris Vovoras, Frank F. Vrionis, Chris P. Tsokos, Keshav Pokhrel, "A Join Point Survival Model for Brain Tumor Patients", International Journal of Biomedical Sciences, 7(2011), no.4, 249-254.
- Mitra Lal Devkota, Bal Ram Pandey, Keshav Pokhrel, Shiva Shrestha, Elementary Optional Mathematics, Text books for Grade 9 and 10 for the High Schools of Nepal as per the syllabus prescribed by the curriculum development Board, Nepal, Satyal Publications, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Theses, Technical Reports and Pre-Print
- Keshav Pokhrel "Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Brain Tumor: Histology and Regional Effects", Ph.D. Dissertation (2013), University of South Florida. Advisor: Dr. Chris P. Tsokos
- Keshav Pokhrel "A Study of Present Value Maximization For Monopolist Problem in Time Scale", Masters Thesis (2008) at Marshall University. Advisor: Dr. Bonita A. Lawrence
- Keshav Pokhrel, Yilin Zhuang, Haiping Yin, Edward Dimarco "A System Dynamic Approach to Water and Energy Management in Hillsborough County" (2011), a research project with engineering and management graduate students as a part of graduate students research challenge grant 2011 provided by the USF graduate School.
Presentations and Workshops
- Workshop, "An Introduction to Using R for Data Visualization", October 2014, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- "The R User Conference", June 2014, UCLA, Los Angeles, California.
- "Functional Forecasting Models for Brain Tumor Mortality Rates", Joint Mathematics Meeting, January 1014, Baltimore, Maryland.
- "Statistical Analysis of Brain Tumor Sizes Based on Age, Gender, and Race", February 2013, Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut.
- "Forecasting Using Functional Data Analysis Models in Cancer Epidemiology", Joint Mathematics Meeting, January 2013, San Diego, California.
- "Epidemiology of Brain Cancer: Longitudinal Studies for Contract Health Service Delivery Areas", Joint Statistical Meeting, August 2012, San Diego, California.
- "Regional Trends in Incidence of Pediatric Brain and Central Nervous System Cancer in the USA", International Federation of Nonlinear Analyst (IFNA) World Congress. June 2012, Athens, Greece.
- "Histological and Demographic Characteristics of Primary Brain and CNS Tumor Sizes", Research One Graduate Student Symposium, April 2012, University of South Florida, Tampa.
- "Variation of Brain Tumor Sizes on Gender, Races and Age", American Statistical Associations' Florida Chapter meeting, February 2012, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida.
- "Forecasting Brain Cancer Mortality: A Functional Data Approach", Joint Statistical Meeting: Section on Statistics on Epidemiology, August 2011, Miami beach, Florida.
- "Forecasting Brain Cancer Mortality" International Conference on Dynamic Systems and Applications, May 2011, Atlanta.
- "Inverse Burr Distribution as Applied to Average Tumor Size of Brain Cancer Data" Fourth International Conference on Neural parallel and Scientific Computations, August 2010, Morehouse College, Atlanta.
- "Parametric Analysis of Brain Tumor" USF Interdisciplinary Workshop on Cancer and Hybrid Dynamics System, October 2009, University of South Florida, Tampa.
- "A Study of Present Value Maximization of Monopolist: Continuous and Discrete Cases" September 2008, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- "A Study of Present Value Maximization of Monopolist Problem on Time Scale", July 2008, Marshall University, West Virginia.
- "Challenges of Teaching Mathematics in a Multicultural Society", Graduate teaching assistant's seminar, March 2008, Marshall University .