Tomoki Ohsawa (, office: 2067 CASL Building)
- Mon: 1:30–2:30pm
- Tue: 11am–Noon
- Fri: 11am–Noon
- By appointment
- "Introduction to Probability Models" (10th Edition) by Sheldon M. Ross
- Will roughly cover Chapters 1–6 and 10 of the Textbook
Topics to be covered
Basic probability theory, random variables, conditioning, Markov chains, and Brownian motion.
- 20% Quizzes
- 20% Midterm 1, 20% Midterm 2, 40% Final
- Not collected. Instead a quiz (see below) for each set.
- See the Homework Page for the list of problems.
- 8–10 quizzes (lowest score dropped)
- No makeup exams
- No calculators
- One cheatsheet in each of the midterms and Two in the final
- Midterms: 75min each
- Final: 2.5hr